Monday, October 17, 2016

Let's Make Art!

The Maple Room has all sorts of art that the children can create. At one table the children are able to make collages using a variety of materials. There are some pencils for the children to plan out or draw what they want to make and a lot of small materials in shapes like leaves, bats, flowers, hearts, and other things to use. We recently added some some small seashells as well as 3D materials to allow the children to build their collage up off the paper if they choose.

 "I'm gonna make a house."
"It's almost done. It just needs a few details."
"I'm gonna grow a garden! It has flowers and vegetables."
"Think we could grow a tree? Not in the garden. I need grass. The leaves can be the grass."
"The grass changes color when it's winter right?"
-Zoey H.




"I'm making a flower."
"It's a flower and I'm making a bee."
"See I had to draw it big for the eyes."
-Victoria

Reina Kehoe 409
Michigan Standard of Quality
Creative Development
Early Learning Expectation 1: Children show how they feel, what they think, and what they are learning through experiences in the visual arts

No comments:

Post a Comment