Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Self Portrait Time

Today at Mr. Jonaitis's small group, the children revisited a self portrait of themselves that they had previously drawn another day. They had the opportunity to add color to the portrait.  He asked the children to visualize how they see themselves as. When finished, the teachers collected their work so we could hang them up and everyone could see how they look.

 Ella was focusing on her picture and said: "This is me smiling."
    "Look! I can write my name."

Aaliyah using a yellow crayon for her hair said, "these are my braids."
Tegan said: "Doesn't it look like me?"
Aubree said: I'm drawing my cat with me."

Macrae excitingly using his crayon said: "I like orange!"

They all worked so hard on their masterpieces!
It was a wonderful day in the CDLL.

Michigan Standard of Quality:
1. Early Learning Expectation: Visual Arts.
Children show how they feel, what they think, and what they are learning through experiences in the visual arts.

Bridget Stanecki HDF 409

No comments:

Post a Comment