Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Bird Study


Yesterday at AM centers, a group of students were playing at the play dough station. I noticed that Alijah was very interested in the Bird Watching book he was looking at and I invited him to join us at the table. As he flipped from page to page he asked me to read the names of each bird and then he repeated them. He was particularly fond of the Crane. I asked him a few question about the body shape and he said "The beak is skinny and long and the body is big." He decided to use the clay to sculpt the Crane.



Other students decided to join him in sculpting birds.

"I want to make this white owl." Sarah P.
"I saw an owl at the zoo!" Bella 
Dakota pointed at the humming bird and said "What about this one? I like it."






Michigan Standards of Quality: 
Children begin to develop strategies that assist them in viewing a variety of multimedia materials effectively and critically. Ex: Child uses materials to gain and add to their understanding of written materials.
Child shows how they feel, what they think and what they are learning through experiences in the visual arts. Ex: Child creates representations that contain a lot of detail.


Devon Musselman
CDLL 409 Student Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment