Monday, April 27, 2015

Shake! Shake! Shake!

Today in Mrs. Nims small group we made maracas! We made maracas to go along with our song book we have been working on for the past few weeks. When the children sing the different songs they put in their song book, they now have their own instrument to shake to the beat. We used a plastic egg, beads, two plastic spoons, and tape. The children poured beads into the plastic egg. Then placed the two spoons on each side of the egg and taped around the spoon and egg. They then used markers to decorate the tape.
"It sounds like there is little balls inside of the egg!"- Axel

"Now we can shake these when we sing songs on the rug" - Pelumi

"I'm going to decorate mine green." - Daniel

The final product!

Really sad today was my last day with the children! They have taught me so much and I am so thankful that I got to work with these smart and loving children! It was a great semester and I wish the children and their families the absolute best!

Ms. McGowan
Teaching Strategies Gold #34: Explores musical concepts and expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment