Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Clay Exploration

The clay table was very popular today in the Maple Room!


 "I'm making four eggs for my nest. I know what it looks like because my old teacher showed me a picture of a bird egg before." -Ella

 "I'm putting mittens on his hands." -Asher


 "Ew. It's like there's mud!" -Kayden



When it was time to clean up, Logan was interested in why the clay needs to be kept damp. "What happens when it dries out?", he asked. Logan found a dried piece of clay and said, "It's hard! You can't squish your fingers in it if it gets all dried."


Hansen, 409

Michigan State Standard: Creative Arts. Early Learning Expectation: Visual Arts. Children show how they feel, what they think, and what they are learning through experiences in visual arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment