Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Student Teacher Introduction

Dear Families and Friends of the CDLL,
My name is Brooklynn Voyles and I am a student teacher in Pod B.  This is my second semester with Pod B, moving along in the sequence from an assistant to a student teacher.  My goal for this semester is to become more familiar with each of the children so that I will know the main interest of each child.  I am in my final course of my undergrad career, and will be graduating in August.  After graduating, I plan to work as a lead teacher in a preschool and I aspire to eventually direct my own preschool program.
I have been interested in working with children since I was nine years old and began babysitting for a family friend.  I have been babysitting for several families since then.  One of my favorite quotes about children that explains how I feel is “Children are one third of our population and all of our future” which was stated by Select Panel for the Promotion of Child Health, 1981.
In my spare time I enjoy watching movies, playing with the children that I babysit for and reading.  My favorite series of both books and movies is the Harry Potter series.  My favorite children’s books are the Little Critter books by Mercer Mayer.  I am also interested in medicine and the medical field.  My previous major was Health Fitness and I planned on being a physical therapist before I decided to change my major.
I grew up in a small town called Fremont.  It is located west of Mount Pleasant and is just under half an hour from Lake Michigan.  I have a brother and sister, both older than me.  My sister was adopted from South Korea and is only a year older than I am.  My brother currently lives in New Zealand and previously lived in Japan.  I am close with my family and still visit them regularly. 
I am excited to share information with you through this blog and hopefully get to talk with each of you and get to know you all better.  Make sure you continue to look at the new blog to get updates about both pods and see pictures of and stories about what your children have been doing during their school days!

No comments:

Post a Comment