Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Little About Me

Dear Students and Families of the CDLL:

My Name is Rachel Lepine and this is my first semester as a Lead teacher in Pod B at the CDLL!  I’m very thrilled to be working with your children and gracious for this opportunity to learn and grow in my own personal and professional development as a future educator.

This is my final class to take for my Early Childhood Major, and I will be graduating in the fall in order to finish up my Entrepreneurship minor.  After graduating, I plan on becoming a lead teacher in Arizona (where extended family lives) and my lifetime goal is to own and operate my own Preschool or Childcare Center.

My family is my number one priority and also hobby! I have an older brother Drew, who also went to CMU, and a younger sister Emily who is a sophomore in High school.  We grew up in Cadillac, Michigan, only an hour away from Mount Pleasant.  Currently Emily is playing Varsity tennis, so I try to attend her matches as much as possible!  I also go home on weekends to visit and spend time with my family, two dogs, and cat. 

My sister is my inspiration for working with young children.  When I was six years old she was born, and I was constantly bugging my Mom to hold, bathe, feed, and change her when she was a baby. I was only in first grade when she arrived, and my love for babies, and young children, stemmed from watching her grow up.

Growing up my fondest memories are from being outside.  Whether it’s playing capture the flag with neighbors or participating in organized sports, I always found a reason to be outdoors. Because of this, I want to provide an environment for students where they can explore and experience the wonders of the outdoors, (Which is why I love being at the CDLL).

When I think about Preschool, and the part of their lives that your children are currently in, I think about my Preschool teacher Mrs. Veenstra.  She always made me feel welcome and apart of the classroom, and that is a feeling I strive to provide for not only your children, but my future students as well. 

Although my time with your children will be short, I’m so excited to be spending these next five weeks learning and growing from them and all of their experiences while at school! Thank you so much for allowing your children to be a part of my life this summer:)

Sincerely, Miss Lepine

No comments:

Post a Comment