Monday, February 2, 2015

Let's Pin With A Little Creativity

Last week a few children were interested in a snowman clothes pin worn by one of their teachers. With the guidance of lead teachers, the idea to help the children create their own pins became our special project in the Oak Classroom. Today, a small group of children began creating their own unique pins out of several different crafting supplies. They created pins for themselves and friends. Some students even prep their pins to be painted at another time. 



"I think I need to let mines dry before I add my pin to it." -Sarah 


Daniel: "I need two eyes for my pin."

Sarah: "One eye is bigger and one is smaller, you have to get two that are the same.Here use this one."

Daniel: "Thank You."

"I'm going to make a snowman pin. I need to make a mouth for my snowman pin. When it dry I will paint it." -Brooke 













Teaching Strategies: #7. Demonstrates fine-motor strength and coordination. #33. Explores the visual arts.

-Ms. Ratliff

No comments:

Post a Comment