Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Sensory Overload

Today in the Walnut room, the children explored materials at the sensory table and in the sensory container. At the sensory table, the children used their sense of touch, fine motor skills and discovered different things they could do with floam. They were able to use different materials assist them in cutting, shaping and rolling the floam. At the sensory container the children used their sense of  sight to look for letters in the sand. They were given stars with words, for example the word pig and they had to look for the individual letters P I G in the sand. 

April 19, 2016

"Lets make letters with the floam." ~ Pelumi

"I have a big pile of floam." ~ Andre

"I am looking for the letters in the word moon. I have the letters M and N, I need two letter O's." ~ Pelumi

~ Mrs. Schrank

TS Gold Objective  #7 Demonstrates fine motor strength and coordination 
a. Uses fingers and hands

No comments:

Post a Comment