Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Ms. Weller's Small Group

The children in Ms. Weller's small group decided to go to the Oak room today to paint. The children in the nature group typically focus on playing games, and do not typically chose to paint during center time. Because of this, they spent time doing water colors and painting with the easels today. The outcome was exciting! The teachers could not believe how involved and interesting the children were for the full 20 minutes.

"I need pink."- Asher

"Lots of colors!"- Rohan

"I'm making a picture for my mom and dad."- Ana

"I was making a scary monster!" Asher said. He then listed the colors he used in his painting.

"I need some more."- Sarah
"I'm drawing a finger."- Carter
"A spaceship with a dog in it!"- Grant
"I'm making this for you!"- Ayrez
"Purple is my favorite. It's a flower."- Zoey. H

"Footprints, yeah. They're like lions."- Ayrez




Teaching Strategies 33: Explores the visual arts

Bridget Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment