Thursday, April 17, 2014

"I found a roly poly!"

Happy Thursday everyone!

Since it was such a beautiful afternoon, the children had the opportunity to go outside during center time in the afternoon. Some children rode bikes, pushed each other around in carts, and created works of art at the art cart. Wesley noticed that there was some wet dirt in an area over by the house. He inspected the dirt for bugs and found several "roly polys", a centipede, and a few tiny worms. 


Wesley said, "Hey Guys, I found a roly poly!". This led to Martin, Mitchell, Gavin and Remy all joining and exploring the dirt and the findings of a multitude of roly polys.



"I lost a roly poly and then found it" -Gavin


"I found a whole family!" -Wesley


"It's the smallest roly poly I've ever seen in my life!" -Wesley

We are excited to be spending this extra time exploring the outdoors in the warm weather! Have a great weekend everyone and remember next week is spirit week!

-Miss Schubert


Teaching Strategies: Science and Technology #24: Uses scientific inquiry skills

No comments:

Post a Comment